Ulmaria

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Suggestions > Thoughts for additions

AldarHawk

I think that once we get this all up and running and the classes are built properly that we should make a few additions to help make the Merchant a more Powerful force.

Make some special craftable items that do not drop and take a lot of skill to make (120?).These can be weapons, Armor, or add-ons (somewhat like imbue). I think the ability to have the merchants imbue the special features in place of the drop pot that is currently in place would help create a community. You could make a slight shift if you are looking to take gold out of the game by making combination bags and Merchant Upgrades that cost the gold. This will not only increase player interaction it will also allow for the merchants to be a useful part (beyond repairs) of the shard.

Another thought is to enable 120 Tailors to imbue backpacks to increase the carrying capacity. Perhaps make it a 120 Tailor/120 Tinker item so the players sell a "weight increase deed" that will add 25% to an objects weight & item capacity.

A new ore has been stated before, but I do not know if it is needed. perhaps allow "plating" of armor by 120 Smithy/120Tinker that will enable the users to add the properties of a given ore to a piece of armor (eg adding Valorite props to an Evo Set). This would help out the shard by standing out from everyone else out there.

Perhaps, since it is an RP shard we should restrict the characters as well? I know this one will not go over well, but if you are roll playing you should play one character, no? This would make your choice more critical at the start of the game as to what class you wish to go into.

Anyways, that is my thoughts. Let me know if you like them or not.

--

September 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AldarHawk

No one has any thoughts on this?

September 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Blumpkinz

i think it is an excellent idea

September 15, 2011 at 2:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AldarHawk

I have a few other ideas.

Aside from the craftables we could introduce new resources.

Blood Iron. Weapons - Add Life Leech; Armor - Add Return Damage

Platinum. Weapons - Different spread with more Ice/Energy damage; Armor - Higher Durability

Create actual "ores" that you need to mix other ingots to make. For example to make Bronze Ingots you need Iron and Copper.

These would end up being a Hybrid of the two (Can we say Gold + Platinum == White Gold & you get a power&luck item?)

We also need to get the crafting skills to give experience (perhaps based on difficulty rating). So is someone is making a dagger and they are GM Smith they would not really gain anything. But if they make items that have a fail rating it would increase the exp gained. Also throwing in the speical ingots will increase the experience gain as well as getting an exceptional (when you do not have a 100% chance) would increase it again.

Yes I know I focus on crafting, but that is because I am a crafter.

What do you all think?

--

September 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Polaris
Administrator

You mean alloys? :)

--

September 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AldarHawk

yes, that is exactly what i mean :)

--

September 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply