Ulmaria

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Suggestions > Rooms for Rent

Lamby

Was wondering if its possible to rent rooms in an Inn? If not, how about it?

December 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AldarHawk

why would you need to rent a room at an inn? Why not just get a small apartment?

--

December 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pots Talos

Whats the difference?

--

Co-Founder of Horizon's End
Lead Designer of The Great Gaias

December 5, 2012 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lamby

oh, where can you get a small apartment?

December 5, 2012 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AldarHawk

Sira has a few from what I recall. They are all over the place mate. look at all the areas.

--

December 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lamby

oic. I like the Inn idea better if it can be npc driven and not rely on gms to manage... Which I think is the case when you buy an apartment in Sira... you purchase it from a gm not from an npc.

December 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Polaris
Administrator

Once the townhouses are set up, we dont have to do anything with them ever again. No micromanagement from our end. :)

--

December 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AldarHawk

What he said. The town houses are in the process of being set up. once they are all created then there is no management at all except for the players ;)

--

December 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lamby

Ok thats cool, but town houses cost from just under 1 million to well over 3 million and probably more in some cases. When I brought up rooms I was thinking something like 50-100 gold per day. This would also provide some security for new characters macroing instead of being stuck in the open and risk pk with 10k regs on you... which was an issue brought to my attention by one of the staff when i first started here: theres no shelter for new players.

December 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner
A young player can not be attacked. Once you go above a certain skill level you're not a newbie anymore. afk macroing is a courtesy not something we should cater to. The room idea is nice but where are you going to find a shit ton of available rooms for all players when space is limited
--

December 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Huma

I think afk'ing in the palace or in the middle of moonvale with 5 [strong] OP guards is pretty safe :).

December 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lamby

Nephal, this is mearly a suggestion I dont expect you to implement it of course, though i think it would add some sense of realism too. I have seen several Inn locations already, and renting a room wouldnt be a permenent logging. just temporary private access to a small room. Merona has a perfect example of what I mean if you look at the Inn there. Huma even the places you mentioned are not safe from two clever thieves.

December 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner
What I was thinking is maybe have inns give you a storage space like another bank
--

December 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.