Ulmaria

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > News And Updates > Hear ye, Hear ye ! The Elite Grande Tournament.

hanghost

Dear folk of Ulmaria, 

The grand tournament is about to begin. It will be held this Saturday on the 8th of December, at 18:00PM.

It will be held in front of Elite guild house. For those of you that don't know how to get there, gateways will be open from 15:55PM to 18:00PM in front of the Moondale Banks.

Tournament Prizes:

1st place - 1 million gold and 1 artifact of their choosing (there will be 5 artifacts to choose from)

2nd place - 500,000 gold and the Luna Lance artifact.

3rd place - 100,000 gold

all other participants - 50,000 gold

Tournament set-up:

It will be a 2 loss elimination. I will match up the players. If you lose three times, you are out. This will continue untill there are 4 players left. At this stage they will fight eachother in single elimination. The final 2 players will fight eachother in a best of 3 elimination.

Tournament rulles:

1. Only the provided equipment will be used. There will be a choice of plate armor or leather armor and plenty of weapons including bows and cross bows. Mages will be provided reagents and archers will be provided with arrows and /or bolts. Everyone will recieve bandages.

You will also be provided a number of potions. The number of potions will be limited so it will be up to you to save them up and use as necesary. 

The only other items allowed during the tournament are the spellbooks such as chivalry, bushido, ninjitsu, magery, necromancery or spellweaving. (you are not allowed to equip them) . 

This is to ensure that skill plays the biggest factor and not the items.

2. No summons or pets of any kind. This is to make sure that mages dont just summon a dragon and watch you die. Sorry to all the tamers out there, but because of the item limitations, your pets will be overpowering.

P.S. (I will not participate as my level is a bit too high and it will be unfair to the rest of the participants. If there are less than 10 players attending, the event will be postponed for a week.)

December 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hanghost

*Mistake made in the Tournament set-up.

Ment to say "It will be a 3 loss elimination".

December 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pots Talos

How big will the arena be?
Will items have enchantments or all just base gear?

--

Co-Founder of Horizon's End
Lead Designer of The Great Gaias

December 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner

hanghost at December 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Dear folk of Ulmaria, 

The grand tournament is about to begin. It will be held this Saturday on the 8th of December, at 18:00PM.

It will be held in front of Elite guild house. For those of you that don't know how to get there, gateways will be open from 15:55PM to 18:00PM in front of the Moondale Banks.

Tournament Prizes:

1st place - 1 million gold and 1 artifact of their choosing (there will be 5 artifacts to choose from)

2nd place - 500,000 gold and the Luna Lance artifact.

3rd place - 100,000 gold

all other participants - 50,000 gold

Tournament set-up:

It will be a 2 loss elimination. I will match up the players. If you lose three times, you are out. This will continue untill there are 4 players left. At this stage they will fight eachother in single elimination. The final 2 players will fight eachother in a best of 3 elimination.

Tournament rulles:

1. Only the provided equipment will be used. There will be a choice of plate armor or leather armor and plenty of weapons including bows and cross bows. Mages will be provided reagents and archers will be provided with arrows and /or bolts. Everyone will recieve bandages.

You will also be provided a number of potions. The number of potions will be limited so it will be up to you to save them up and use as necesary. 

The only other items allowed during the tournament are the spellbooks such as chivalry, bushido, ninjitsu, magery, necromancery or spellweaving. (you are not allowed to equip them) . 

This is to ensure that skill plays the biggest factor and not the items.

2. No summons or pets of any kind. This is to make sure that mages dont just summon a dragon and watch you die. Sorry to all the tamers out there, but because of the item limitations, your pets will be overpowering.

P.S. (I will not participate as my level is a bit too high and it will be unfair to the rest of the participants. If there are less than 10 players attending, the event will be postponed for a week.)

im adam and i approve this message

--

December 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Polaris
Administrator

Polaris approves this message. hanghost for president.

--

December 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hanghost

Pots Talos at December 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM

How big will the arena be?
Will items have enchantments or all just base gear?

I will provide the items so you don't have to worry about a thing, no enhancements will be used just good old exceptional crafted armor and weapons. The only thing you will need is your respective spell book.

The Arena will be about the size of half a screen.

December 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

Sounds good I'll be there

December 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hanghost

The tournament will be held at 18:00 GMT + 5, or EST.

December 8, 2012 at 4:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lamby

Thanks for the tournament! Looking forward to the next one :D

December 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Polaris
Administrator

So who won? :)

--

December 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Huma

The guy with the plate armor and some kind of sword won.

Instead of having the tournament every month like you were thinking Han, perhaps you could have it every 2-3 months instead. Very fun tournament :). 

Oh and don't forget the shields next time :P :P

December 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zylo

I still think we should go back to my original idea of a money fight where you hand me big piles of money and I throw some at people :)  but every month wouldnt be bad for people who cant make it to one due to work or other bothersom reasons

--

December 9, 2012 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

Official results were

Huma first

Aluvard second

Highagain third

December 9, 2012 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

viper

I have  a house setup for weekly fights. Its called the pit. My idea was normal store bought weapons and armor and a 5k buy in. Elemination, winner takes purse? What do you think?

December 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.