Ulmaria

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > News And Updates > Tournament idea

Aluvard

For the next tournament I think it would be better for everyone to have a level 1 toon because the level was way to much for everyone. Pretty much 9x duels I think these will work out better imo. So for the new year sometime in January I'll host a level 1 9x toon pvp tourney. 

December 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Huma

Whats the point? There is no skill whatsoever involved with having multiple level 1s fight. Assuming all have standard armor, being level 1 nobody will have any skills other than those that are started/bought/dummy raised.

Perhaps a better idea would be to have level divisions (10-15, 15-20, etc). And the more people, the better the divisions will work out. 

December 11, 2012 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

Not true people can still macro a level 1 dummy easily to 9x. All you do is have a bot you hit with high phys armor and just set a macro. 

December 11, 2012 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam
Site Owner
It's not so much the level but the gear. Don't get me wrong, it helps to be higher level no matter how you look at it but a level 20 can hang with a level 30 if his skill/gear was the same
--

December 12, 2012 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sampiro

Toon scaling is your problem here. 

>Level

>skills

>stats { Armor, weapons ect....}

you could split tournaments into the three main events. Adding any of the two groups together  will lead to large [skill/level/stats] gaps. But is that not why we play, to be better then the other guys? I myself would not enjoy a tournament with limits. if i wanted to be the best of only one type of scaling, i would of joined that type of shard.

December 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Huma

Sampiro at December 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Toon scaling is your problem here. 

>Level

>skills

>stats { Armor, weapons ect....}

you could split tournaments into the three main events. Adding any of the two groups together  will lead to large [skill/level/stats] gaps. But is that not why we play, to be better then the other guys? I myself would not enjoy a tournament with limits. if i wanted to be the best of only one type of scaling, i would of joined that type of shard.

^^

December 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hanghost

I understand the reason behind you wanting a lvl 1 tourney. But the whole point of a tournament is to show your strength, To show the world all of the hours you have put into making your char stronger by getting higher lvl, getting better gear and ofcourse having good PvP skills. 

Just think about LvLs as skills, if on a "default" server, you would be at the top of the scale in a few months by getting ur skills up, here you will be there by LvLing up because skills grow very fast here.

I didnt participate in my own tourney because i wanted to give everyone else a fair chance, but honestly that wasnt fair to me. I didnt cheat, or started playing earlier than you and I never AFKed anything with the exception of Chivalry. I just spent more time in game.

It's the same as you saying, i want to make a tourney with everyone at 0 skills and 0 stats and that all the people that trained their skills to 100 are at an un-fair advantage. Play more, invest more time and you will be at the same level. (I do not spend more than 2 hours leveling per evening, some evening I dont event play koz i am too busy with work/RL).

December 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

Ok I understand what you mean I was just saying to have a level 1 tournament where everyone is on equal grounds is all. That's all I meant I am fine with the other tournaments but the level was to much of a difference. Toon scaling funny how you put it. Anyway it seems my ideas are always shot down by you and Huma so whatever. I Try to make a simple suggestion to improve a 1v1 tournament and all I hear is whining. I'm trying to make it equal dueling so everyone has a fair chance. Also this way everyone can enter and not worry about who is higher level. 

The only reason why I brought this up cause that's all anyone was complaining about st the tournament. I speak for the masses not the super leveled or geared.  How unfair would it be if Huma entered the tournament with his OP gear. 

Also neph your wrong at 10 levels apart with same gear as the person at 10 levels as a big upper hand. This includes 5 points in skill and 30 stats. I'm not sure if anyone even saw the fight with me and Huma but at 10 levels he destroyed me. So no your wrong there's no skill when it comes to being leveled. Skill is based on two people fighting on equal terms meaning equal gear and level. It's like world of Warcraft a level 1 would have no shot against a level 9. 

Do I make my point?

December 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Huma

At 10 levels, those 5 skill points and 30 stats could be invested very differently as demonstrated by the fight between you and Highagain. 

Also remember, Sgt. FluffyBoots was about... 15-20 levels under Emily and managed to kill her if I recall correctly? Sure, 20+ levels is a huge advantage for someone, but it honestly all depends on stat/skill placement. Levels aren't exactly the whole issue.

And really, if you want those levels you keep complaining about then go out and hunt. And if you want awesome gear, then go out and hunt. It's not as if Han and I were just freely given our stuff, we invested time and effort into Ulmaria.

Point is: Invest time, make useful suggestions to improve shard>be a test subject for shard and help out> go hunt> get gold>get cool gear> Troll tournys and Han :P.

December 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sampiro

"Toon scaling funny how you put it. Anyway it seems my ideas are always shot down by you and Huma so whatever"  Am i both "you"s in there?

December 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

Sampiro at December 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM

"Toon scaling funny how you put it. Anyway it seems my ideas are always shot down by you and Huma so whatever"  Am i both "you"s in there?

Actually I was ignoring your view because its of no importance but w/e

December 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

Huma at December 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

At 10 levels, those 5 skill points and 30 stats could be invested very differently as demonstrated by the fight between you and Highagain. 

Also remember, Sgt. FluffyBoots was about... 15-20 levels under Emily and managed to kill her if I recall correctly? Sure, 20+ levels is a huge advantage for someone, but it honestly all depends on stat/skill placement. Levels aren't exactly the whole issue.

And really, if you want those levels you keep complaining about then go out and hunt. And if you want awesome gear, then go out and hunt. It's not as if Han and I were just freely given our stuff, we invested time and effort into Ulmaria.

Point is: Invest time, make useful suggestions to improve shard>be a test subject for shard and help out> go hunt> get gold>get cool gear> Troll tournys and Han :P.

Your funny Huma when your armor is all pre enhancment and you act like I haven't invested anything.

-Who said I was complaining about levels?  Not me, I stated to try and have a fair duel with equal grounding is all.

-I grind atleast 2-4 levels a week and i put alot of time in the game.  My gear is pretty damn good but compared to yours which is OP is newbish.

-How did I troll tourny all I was trying to state was to improve the tourny I didn't even say his tourny was bad or anything it was a simple suggestion to try to improve the grounds so everyone can participate.

-Last thing a tournament on fair grounds equal level, equal gear, etc is true skill pvp where people will fight on "equal terms" not level or gear being a factor.  Also I stated before having open tournaments is fine by me as I stated several times before I was just making a suggestion to try to improve "equal" pvp.

Also I love the teaming up on me.  So this is Bash Aluvard thread got it :)

December 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Polaris
Administrator

I can always make a system to temporarily de-level someone for tournament play, but that will have to wait a bit until after my exams this weekend. :)

That said, its not all about stats, they surely give an advantage, but its not everything. Even if I had a level 1000 character, Im sure most could beat me, cause I suck at pvp :D

--

December 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

It's not the stats that mostly concern me but higher levels have a increase in skills giving them a chance to hit more frequently then everyone else. That was the sole problem with the last tournament  

December 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Huma

The "troll tourny" bit was a joke. Read the ">" progression piece again and you'll get it.

As for my armor being "pre-nerf" enhancement, yes, I'll admit the resists on the armor ARE pre-nerf as you can't add resists onto armor anymore. Given that, the STR boosts I have on my armor are CURRENT (Please read again) and i repeat CURRENT enhancement. You can currently (I say the word again) boost ANY stat to 20 given that you have the gold to do so. 

So yes, my armor atm is OP as you like to say but will in time be beaten. But hey, it's a worthy goal to strive for don't you think? When you can beat Huma in his "legendary" armor then you know you're strong.

December 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sampiro

I guess this is unlike child sports where everyone is a winner, sounds like you want us all to make a toons, caps their skills and only use them in your tournaments all so that you might have a chance of winning. but what kind of respect would that win hold? Tournaments are for people who train hard for them. Are you mad that you can't just macro to the top of a tournament? 

December 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aluvard

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

This guy is amazing you have no clue what your talking about there kid. I won second place in the last. I have no clue why this is such a big deal I whomped everyone in the tourney besides Huma.  I'm at a decent level and the only thing I macroed on Aluvard was resist actually. 

Kid get your facts straight before you open your mouth again ok. 

December 13, 2012 at 2:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pots Talos

So shouldn't Alex have won the tourny? No one could touch him. The next tourny we should just have everyone go into a room check whose the highest lvl and declare them the winner.

People say they "took time to train hard" the thing is a tourny isn't about who has the highest lvl its about who can win in battle on equal grounds. I guess you could always run a tourny where everyone gets to use their own equipment and everything but again it will just be everyone in a room you check who is the richest to twink themselves out and bam you got your winner.

--

Co-Founder of Horizon's End
Lead Designer of The Great Gaias

December 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sampiro

I guess this is unlike child sports where everyone is a winner, sounds like you want us all to make a toons, caps their skills and only use them in your tournaments all so that you might have a chance of winning. but what kind of respect would that win hold? Tournaments are for people who train hard for them. Are you mad that you can't just macro to the top of a tournament?

you right i did not have any idea what you where talking about here sorry I did not go to the last tourny i did not know it was trying to be on equal ground. with so many way to improve your char being raised separately. you would have to restrain the all other ways and only focus on one. thats what i said the first time but you said "Actually I was ignoring your view because its of no importance but w/e" and that got me a little mad :P

December 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sampiro

"you would have to restrain the all other ways and only focus on one."that might be the wrong way to put it, If everyone was was set to max level it would work the same. and would show a use of the skills as they would be end game. just a  idea. 

December 13, 2012 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.